The nightfire dedicated server can be used to run a server without starting the normal game.
This file contains every publicly released Nightfire map, and has pre-setup configuration files for four servers and one scrim server.
We've also included everything you need to learn the basic commands for servers and how to set everything up.
This is a patch for dedicated servers only.
Do not install this unless you run a nightfire dedicated server.
The 5.09 branch fixes a number of exploits in dedicated servers.
This patch will allow allow your dedicated server to show up in the new server list after May 31, 2014
Do not run a server with mp_timelimit set to 0. The game will slow down over time without a map restart. Make sure the game gets a chance to change map every 12-24 hours.
Currently dm_japan has a few bugs in this version. These will be fixed shortly.
- Fixed timing bug in pjumping.
- Changed master server to master.nightfirepc.com
- New command: sv_explosives, sv_bondmines, sv_pjump, sv_grappleanywhere. Each command to enable/disable said features.
- New command: sv_sleepperframe. Controls how many miliseconds the server should sleep per frame. Set to a high value to reduce cpu usage, at the expensive of FPS.
- The command sv_cheats is no longer a toggle command. 0 disables cheats, 1 enables the impulse 101 cheat, 2 enables impulse 101,give/goto weapon spawning and teleportation, 3 enables impulse 101, give/goto, noclip, notarget, 4 enables impulse 101, give/goto, noclip,notarget, and godmode.
- Changed the way the game handles frames. You can ping boost your server by setting the fps_max to 1000
- Improved the Artificial Intelligence (AI) enemies reaction time and turn speed. This was done by implementing a hard coded 66 tick reaction time into enemies, instead of relying on server frame rate
- Fixed server crash bug when certain common commands were used. This also fixes a crash problem when multiple players attempt to use a mounted weapon
- Fixed split packet crash exploits.
- Fixed % symbols in saytext, rcon passwords, and player names crashing the server.
- Fixed log spam and invalid rcon spam from flooding or lagging the server.
- Fixed the exploit that allowed unsolicited IP addresses to query flood the server, thereby DDOSing the server's entire connection
- Player names longer than 512 characters will no longer crash the server along with invalid or corrupt getchallenge packets.
- Servers now operate under a hibernating function when empty and will no longer use up a substantial amount of CPU when players are connected.
- Server reliability is also heavily improved, with timing functions completely rewritten which will fix server frame rates slowing down over time and also allow better bullet registration.
- Server admins can now enable or disable lag compensation with the sv_unlag command. With lag compensation enabled, player hitboxes will be directly on the model rather than in front.